Owl Tattoo Meaning
In nature, an owl is a night bird, which hunts for its victims at night and it looks truly frightening, that is why in many cultures the bird has a negative connotation.
Still, many nations associate this bird with wisdom, wit, and joyfulness. So, it is unattainable to stay indifferent to the owl tattoo and more people choose this startling design in order to embellish their bodies.
Diverse cultures had legends, connected with the owl, which can be allocated into two groups: the first set encompasses myths with negative meanings and another class incorporates positive significations.
So, to the first classification encloses:
- In China, the owl meant sadness, mourning, and people surmised that this bird had black magic.
- For Celts, the owl has been the personification of death.
- For Japanese, it was the harbinger of dying.
- In some Christian legends, the signification of this bird as the symbol of demise and sorrow is traced. Besides, it can be regarded as the sign of the spiritual blindness.
- In Africa, people thought that owls accompanied witches and rejoiced together on the graves.
- In India, there is an idea that the owl is a conductor in the everlasting life.
- In Mexico, people have associated the owl with a mystical stage in life.
- In Egypt, the owl could live in two worlds: the living world and the afterlife.
Nonetheless, optimistic connotations still subsist and they comprise:
- For Indians, the ink represented insight and it protected from the misfortune.
- Greeks assumed that this bird was the sign of learning and cuteness.
- In Slavic culture, this image was perceived as the indicator of a man with a poignant wit.
Nowadays, all meanings of this design are evaluated subjectively.
Thus, these denotations are:
- The primary significance is sagacity, intellectual capacity, and high spirituality.
- For goths, this tattoo denotes a restless soul.
- This image can be the symbol of mysticism and magic.
- People, who are nocturnal, can wear this design.
- A thoughtful and erudite personality can be the owner of this tattoo.
- This ink can symbolize loneliness and asociality, which manifests in its highest degree – misanthropy.
- The owl tattoo suggests longevity since in nature these birds are centenarians.
Oftentimes owl tattoos are placed on hands, legs, hips, the chest, the back, and necks.
Ergo, this ink is voguish and looks marvelous, it is up to each person to decide which denotation the tattoo will have.
Meaningful Owl Tattoos Designs
If you are looking for a tat that will inspire you every single day and remind you who you really are, this gorgeous ink is for you. Really, guys, we confirm that it’s the best from the best, and nobody with such ink will feel embarrassed when showing it to the grandchildren.
Black and White Owl Tattoo on Back
No one can deny that owls are the beautiful and magnificent birds themselves, but when they are on the human body… well, it’s astonishing! The one who wears this eye-catching black and white sketch work must be proud of his ink, so can you!
Cute Snowy Owl Tattoo
Can you imagine something cuter than this snowy beauty? Just take a look at these colors – if you have a tat like this you don’t have to worry that a lot of people have the similar one. Be creative, choose the originals designs!
Owl Eyes Tattoo Ideas
The little creatures the owls hunt for used to see the death in their eyes. What do you see when looking at this tat? We think that the right answer is braveness, power, strength, and wisdom, so if this is what you feel every single day, you’ll not find the better idea.
Owl Face Tattoo Design
We used to see the myriads of realistic tats with these beautiful birds, but what about the old school ones? This awesome ink proves us that the old style is still alive! This owl face looks really great on an arm and is a meaningful part of the whole composition.
Owl Finger Tattoo
Do you want to have a small but eye-catching ink? Then you should make a tat on a finger! Someone can argue that owls can look at least weird in this particular place, but this super cute pic will break all the stereotypes. Just take a glance at it – isn’t it adorable and creative?
Owl Hand Tattoo for Men
Wearing such a tat will definitely make you look like a gangsta! Maybe it’s not as good when it comes to the job talks, but Goodness knows it is able to make you look like the coolest guy in the city. The ink on a hand is not for shy persons but for true fighters!
Owl Shoulder Tattoo
This impressive ink starting on the shoulder is really impressive. It perfectly fits as girls, as boys, so don’t doubt – if you are looking for something able to surprise and fascinate everyone in your environment, now it’s time to stop your search.
Owl Tattoos for Females
It seems that no one can stop looking at this beautiful colorful tat on a girl’s thigh. Of course, this particular design is not for man, but it really perfect for females, who want to wear a gorgeous ink and stay feminine.
Owl Tattoos for Women
Even though you can’t see any flowers, bells or unicorns on this picture, you can still understand that this awesome ink is rather for women than for men. It’s highly stylish, and ladies can wear it as with the evening dress, as with the jeans. Undoubtedly, that’s a huge advantage!
Owl Tattoos on Arm
Well, it’s time for sugar skulls and owls! They both are the true classics of tattoo art, but they still look highly creative and impressive. This perfect ink on arm only proves this fact!
Owl Thigh Tattoos
It’s hard to imagine something more perfect than the execution and the idea of this eye-catching tat. No doubts, it can become a perfect decoration for any girl who is fond of the beautiful paintings on a human body. If you are looking for a design of a colorful and meaningful ink on a thigh, here it is!
Simple Owl Tattoo
Just take a look at this cutie! Probably there is no other ink that can show your love to Harry Potter’s world and these gorgeous birds better than this one. Even though it’s rather simple, it will impress all of your friends!
Unique Colorful Owl Tattoos
The last but not the least is this perfect watercolor work. Its first advantage is that it’s unique – you can hardly find someone with the same ink. Secondly, it is colorful, and that, in turn, adds some spice to the design. And finally, it’s just beautiful, so don’t miss the chance, just start wearing it on your body!