Lion is the king of all animals and a symbol of power. That’s why so many people choose lion’s images for a tattoo. You should think twice before you do a tattoo on your body. This is what will be with you all the time no matter where you go and what you do. Tattoo can affect not only your job or what other think about you but your life also. Nevertheless, if you decided to ornament your body with a tattoo, the lion could be a great option for you. Because it carries the quite profound meaning.
There are many meanings of lion tattoos. Here they are, the most popular ones:
- Star Sign Leo. Seventy percent of people who carries the lion tattoo have the star sign Leo. This means that they were born in the period from 22 July to 22 August. If you are one of them you don’t have to think of other meanings. It is already defined for you. Tattoo’s design may include the symbol of the zodiac sign Leo, flames or the image of the sun because these elements correspond to the Lions.
- Lion and a Tribal Style. Lion is a symbol of power, pride and guts. Lion is the father of a tribe. Men who think they are good fathers often choose this tattoo.
- Lion head tattoo. Tattoos of a lion’s head are the more common than the whole body. As we were saying the lion symbolizes protection and survival. So don’t be surprised to see a man with this tattoo who has got a scar from an accident or an operation. Usually, these tattoos are made on shoulders or on the back.
- Rampant Lion. The design of this kind of tattoo is taken from the flags of some countries. This is a powerful and dangerous object, the symbol of young men strength and old men wisdom.
- Lioness. Women make Lioness tattoos. In this case, the lion is the symbol of protection. Because lionesses protect their babies till the death.
Best Lion Head Tattoo Ideas
As it’s said before tattoos of a lion’s head is more common than the whole body. You can see some of the examples below.
- Colored tattoo of lion’s head. It is so realistic that the eyes of this lion say: “Don’t make me angry!” Bright colors are chosen well.
- Black and white lion tattoo on the chest. Realism is the best technique to create such an amazing tattoo on your body. Shadows and lights perfectly matched.
- Realistic bright colored lion tattoo head is made on the shoulder. Without a doubt, this lion head image shows a pride and dignity of his owner. The tattoo is so realistic that we can see every hair on lion’s fur.
- Lion head tattoo is made in dotwork style. Hundreds of small dots compose a beautiful image of a lion.
- Lion head tattoo is made in newschool style. Tattoo for couples: one lion is made in blue and another one in red.
- Lion Head Tattoo is made in tribal style. It is simple, beautiful and meaningful. For those who love simplicity!
- Geometric lion tattoo head. The image is gathered from different geometric objects, triangles mostly. Black colors make this image incredible!
- Lion head tattoo is made in sketch style. It looks unfinished but it has its specialty. This tattoo work opens new horizons for your imagination. You can add something new if you want.
- It’s like a bleeding lion who just won his fight. Beautiful and aggressive! An image combined different styles: graphic, trash polka and sketch. An inner arm is one of the most painful places for a tattoo.
- A tattoo that says: “Do not come closer!” Black and white realistic lion head tattoo is made on the chest. It’s sharp teeth and eyes full of anger look terrific!
- Graphic lion head tattoo is decorated with a night skyline. Apparently tattoo owner believes in star signs and its effect on the human’s personality. And what about you?
- An image of a lion that holds a ring. It’s like a sculpture on your body. Graphic style creates an incredible picture of a lion head. Tattoo is made on the outer top thigh.
- Dotwork lion head tattoo with some newspaper print effect. The author of this tattoo had a great patience, don’t you think?
- Powerful and aggressive picture of lion head is made on the chest. Bright colors and sharp lines create an image of Lion – animal King!
- Tattoos in watercolor art style don’t have clear visible outlines. Sometimes you have a feeling that this is not a tattoo but a real art picture that was made with the help of brush and paint.This lion head tattoo is made on the chest in this exact watercolor technique. We can see blurred lines and drops of bright paint.
- Bright coloured lion head tattoo found his place on the outer top thigh. It’s neither realism nor watercolor. It’s something in between but still beautiful.
- Lion head tattoo is made in neotraditional style. The main difference of this technique is clean black outlines and primitive palette. Usually, an image of an animal which is made in this style looks at you aggressively.
- As we mentioned before, realism is the most popular style in tattooing. This lion with a scar on his left eye looks fantastic! Black and white realistic image is a good choice.
- Trash Polka is a new style of tattooing. It consists completely of a black and red color lines. And it feels collage images with some moments of realism, abstract or geometric shapes. This lion head in trash polka style looks phenomenal!
- Half a lion, half a clock – an image of this lion head is made in biomechanical style. Tattoo is big so the best place to ink it is on the back.
- The geometric style is combined with dotwork style. Triangles, lines, dots create a beautiful picture on the outer top thigh.
- I have no words to describe a beauty of this lion tattoo. It’s amazing!
- If you want something unusual, choose a geometric style. Geometric tattoos are done typically using only lines and geometric shapes.
- Nothing could be better than a realistic image of a lion which is inked on your hand! People always see it when you give them a hand for a handshake.
- This lion head ink is a combo of two styles: ornamental and dotwork. Dotwork is a style of tattooing that portrays various images totally through dots. Shades are created through how far apart dots are from each other. Usually, dotwork tattoos are big because a good image consisted of dots need much space. Dotwork with ornament creates a wonderful image!
- This lion head tattoo is made in sketch work style which imitates an unfinished picture in an artist’s sketchbook. These tattoos typically have semi-colored in different areas and unclear outlines.
- For those of you who doesn’t know chest and stomach are ones of the most painful places of the body for a tattoo. This man has guts! The image of blue colored lion head is just fantastic!
- The forearm is one of the most popular parts of the body for tattoos! Especially if this is a realistic colored tattoo of a lion head. Looks tight!
- This is such an unusual place to make an ink, isn’t it? Lion’s head was placed on the foot. This man should wear only sandals now so everybody can see this beauty!
- We’ve had a lot of examples of black and white realism before. But I don’t think we’ve had enough. So here it is another one. Beautiful black and white lion head that is made on the shoulder.