- For many nations, the wolf was the embodiment of the night, when witches held their ceremonies. The lower arm is embellished with a howling wolf in a dark forest, which may indicate...
It is obvious that a wolf is an insidious and a hostile enemy, besides, it adapts to the environment. In all times, people, who wore wolf tattoos, expressed their readiness to meet targets and single-mindedness.
The story of wolf tattoos is reflected in diverse mythologies, where the wolf pattern was appraised from diverse points of view:
- In North America, only warriors with fearless hearts and pure souls wore this tattoo. Furthermore, tribes created totems in the form of wolves.
- In Asia, a wolf was an outstanding ruler of the brave and disciplined wolf pack, that is why later its portrayal became the emblem of military formations.
- Mongols assume that a white wolf – a father of Genghis Khan, was their ancestor.
- Indians reckoned that the wolf was the conductor to the futurity.
- Slavs-pagans supposed that the wolf epitomised reliability.
- For Romanians, witches and wizards have transmuted into wolves and they personified evil spirits.
- The wolf was the embodiment of Odin in the Scandinavian mythology.
- In Celtic beliefs, the wolf pointed the onset of dusk.
- In China, this animal signified debauchery.
The symbolism of the wolf tattoos is varied and the connotation depends on constituents of the ink and the sex of the owner.
Thus, there are feasible denotations of the wolf ink providing that other details exist:
- The wolf and the moon make a holistic picture, and the idea is the inner loneliness and ostracism.
- If the wolf is shown in a jump, it connotes that an individual has the inner mightiness.
- If the design displays a wolf in dynamics, it connotes the ability to achieve goals by all means.
- The ink of a pack of wolves, led by the chief, expresses a trustworthy defender and a devoted friend.
- A white wolf indicates an extraordinary personality.
- The ornament of the wolf, covered by flame, conveys the existence of magical forces and hidden aggression.
Men, who wear this pattern, express their fortitude and nobility. The tattoo on females carries the idea of fidelity and love for children.
Tattooing areas encompass sleeves, half sleeves, legs, chests, the back, and feet.
So, this unique design with a rich history will be always relevant for energetic, fair and dedicated to their relatives people, who are brave enough to defy the society.
- In ancient times, each animal represented its own strength, peculiar only to it, people have created totems in the form of animals, and they believed in their patronage. Here is a typical...
- The wolf paw tattoo has a special signification for northern peoples, as it indicated firmness of a character, and the ability to accept life as it is. This wolf paw with the blue eye...
- This tribal wolf on the half sleeve is made in Mandala style, which presupposes the creation of a complete graphic picture through the sophisticated interwoven patterns. This wolf looks...
- This old school ink represents the head of the wolf with additional elements: the yellow moon above the head and blue flowers at the bottom. The pattern on the lower arm reveals the...